Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust selects Capita to optimise its print estate
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust (C&I) has selected Capita Managed Print Services, following a competitive process run under the NHS London Procurement Partnership (LPP) Clinical and Digital Information Systems framework, to provide state-of-the-art multifunction devices as part of a managed print service.
The procurement, from issue of tender to installing the first multifunctioning printer, took around 11 weeks; LPP stated that this was one of the fastest and successful procurements they have conducted.
This new service will operate across the more than 35 Trust sites, in the north London boroughs of Camden and Islington, and also Kingston in South West London, where the Trust also provides services. The roll-out is expected to reduce Trust printing costs by up to 40%.
The three-year contract with Capita will enable a complete refresh of the Trust’s 130 multifunction devices, bringing the latest in technology to staff. Capita’s end-to-end managed print solution will provide:
- Reduced annual print costs which can be put into front-line services
- Device access controlled by smart cards to ensure confidential documents are not at risk of being collected by unauthorised users
- Centralised billing enabling print, scan and copy activity to be allocated cost codes and recharged to departments as appropriate
- Follow-Me style and Mobile Print, allowing users to access any device across the Trust to print their documents
- A platform to drive the Trust’s paperless strategy through integrated scanning functionality
- Environmental benefits through state-of-the-art devices and alternatives to print
Konrad Hutchins, Head of IT at C&I, said: “This procurement was led by Bal Kang, Senior Consultant/Category Lead from LPP who ensured the process went as smoothly as possible and delivered a contract which meets all our requirements. This contract is important to us in order to ensure our staff only print what they need to and in the most secure way possible, as well as driving cost improvements.”
Alpesh Unalkat, CEO, Capita Managed Print Services, said: “We are delighted to welcome the Trust as a client. We pride ourselves on developing innovative print solutions that provide our clients with the most sophisticated multifunctional devices and associated software supported by a comprehensive change programme and on-going active managed service. We are confident the Trust will see cost savings, enhanced security and reduced environmental impact.”