- Hardware: Cannon devices
- Instillation: Zero disruption to users
- Consultancy: in-depth consultation process
- Software: UniFLOW
- Service: Improved level of service
- 99.9% (*Average service performance) Uptime
Sony Music Entertainment represents global superstars like Beyoncé, Kings of Leon and Foo Fighters. Taking care of everything from the production right through to the marketing and promotion, Sony Music is an international powerhouse of musical entertainment.
And that powerhouse needs to function like a well-oiled machine in order to deliver a first class service for the artists they represent, from the people and the processes right down to their office technology, such as their printers, copiers and associated software.
Sony Music wanted a managed print partner that could proactively work with them to identify ways of improving their print environment, as well as delivering reliable machines and an exceptional level of service.
Following a successful fifteen year relationship with sister company Sony Pictures, we were chosen as that managed print partner in August 2013.
Our team conducted an in-depth consultation process, working closely with key people at Sony Music to achieve a true understanding of their situation. No stone was left unturned as we worked to uncover the real story about what their employees really needed from their print environment. That information was crucial in developing a robust managed print strategy to meet those needs.
Interviews revealed that Sony Music’s staff were confident in their use of the existing Canon machines. So we designed the solution using new-generation Canon multifunction devices, to deliver the improved functionality while retaining the familiar user experience, making the process of change as smooth as possible.
Service support was improved from day one, with a bespoke SLA in place alongside the proactive maintenance and management of their fleet. Uptime is now 99.90%, and the average on-site response time has been whittled down to just 1 hour, and what does that mean in real terms? Boosted productivity with a fleet of multifunction devices that just work. So they are free to get on with the important stuff!
In addition to an expertly maintained fleet, the installation of uniFLOW print management software is allowing Sony Music to:
- access reports on all print, copy and scanning costs broken down by user or device;
- print securely by requiring users to authenticate themselves at the device in order to collect print jobs;
- streamline workflow through advanced scan functionality, such as scan to email and scan to file.
The entire upgrade was implemented over one weekend to minimise the impact on the business.
- Transformed service support - With office technology working exactly as it should do, staff can get on with their core activities without disruption, saving time and improving workflow
- A trusted partner - Our longstanding relationship with Sony Pictures meant that sister company Sony Music Entertainment knew they were in a safe pair of hands
- Cost control through management information - Usage reports broken down by user and device have increased visibility and control over the print environment
- Saving time, increasing productivity - A more intuitive interface with the uniFLOW software, with one click instead of many clicks for users to get what they want, such as scan to email and scan to file
- Stronger manufacturer relationships - As a partner dealer, we were able to secure preferential pricing and service from Canon on behalf of Sony.
- Improved access to user services
- Improved level of service over the life of the contract
- Upgrade of devices & software with zero disruption to users
- A fleet of new-generation Canon multifunction devices
- 99.9% uptime delivered.
“Thanks to Capita the transition from our old print solution to the new one went very smoothly. We received excellent service and support from them throughout the process and continue to receive a first class service.”
Head of Facilities