Genesis Housing Association
Genesis Housing Association
- Hardware: Ricoh devices
- Multi-site installation: Phased integration across 17 sites
- Consultancy: OGC pricing structure negotiated
- Software: Best in class solution
- Ease of Use: On-site product training
- Green Savings: Waste reduction leading to reduced costs
- 30% (over 30%) Saving over previous Print function
Genesis Housing Association is a provider of social housing and one of the country's leading social investment businesses with approximately 41,000 homes under management in London and the South East.
Initially attracted by Capita's Managed Print Service and consultative approach to business needs, Genesis were very keen to adopt the print strategy subsequently developed by Capita specifically for them following an in-depth review. Four years later they remain a satisfied customer.
Genesis had no visibility or control over how much they were spending on printers, printing and consumables. To bring clarity, Capita undertook a full independent review, taking in 17 different sites. Armed with in-depth insight and with the clients' needs top-of-mind, Capita then developed an optimum print strategy. That strategy continues to meet the project objectives of optimising the organisation's print function to improve quality, functionality and environmental impact whilst reducing costs.
Capita were able to recommend and supply a best of breed solution incorporating top specification multifunction devices (MFD's) and desktop printers, all controlled and monitored by advanced print management software.
Genesis Housing have already saved over 30% of print cost measured against their previous installation, with improved productivity and complete control of the printing budget.
The solutions and features include:
- Older, in-efficient machines replaced with fewer, and faster multifunction printer devices
- Print management software provides accurate information about costs and usage
- Genesis Housing wanted access to Office of Government Contracts (OGC) pricing. Capita were able to deliver this through our long term partnership with Ricoh
- The installation was phased across multiple sites, and on-site product training given. This has minimised disruption to the business Self-service top-up of accounts from any PC/Mac
- Six additional sites have now been provided with a best in class solution.
- Cost savings - Over 30% saving achieved against true cost of previous print function.
- Clarity and control - Clarity and control Print management software provides accurate information about costs and usage organisation-wide.
- Improved efficiency - 17 sites supplied to date with best in class solution.
- Increased reliability - Comprehensive service support results in more reliable machines on which staff can rely.
- Fully managed service in place
- Full print/copy/scan usage monitored for accounting and reporting
- Phased integration of new systems and processes, allowing for minimal disruption
- OGC pricing structure negotiated
- On-site product training given
- Delivered an over 30% saving over previous print function.
Capita's print strategy continues to meet the project objectives of improving quality and functionality while reducing environmental impact as well as costs.